Thursday, June 18, 2009

JetStart - the end of Start Menu clutter

JetStart is awesome!

It's rare that I'm yelling in excitement just reading about a product, or tripping over myself in my eagerness to tell the world about an amazing piece of software when I've only used it for two minutes, but such is the privileged case with JetStart.

As a programmer, I have dozens of tools & utilities installed over the years, and navigating my Start Menu is a nightmare. Painus Maximum, as my wife likes to say.

So often I find myself saying "I wish I could just type a few letters and see every Start Menu entry that matches". It would be so much quicker to start IZArc or PDF Creator or any of my other occassionally-used tools if I didn't have to pore over an entire screen covered by my sprawling Start Menu.

JetStart is my dream come true. Its integration into the Windows experience is neat and inobtrusive.

And it's fast.

Press the Start key, then start typing. Instant response!

Now THIS is good software. Yeah baby!

Top kudos to the guys at codesector.com who made it.

And no, its free, and I'm not getting any kickbacks for raving about it. I reckon you'll rave too if you're a power user like me with an overbloated Start menu. Give it a shot - what've you got to lose? :o)

No comments: