Monday, January 19, 2009

XamlTune just got a little better

XamlTune is a fab utility for converting SVG to XAML. It's one of the best things going for conversion from Adobe Illustrator to XAML.

Unfortunately, like all SVG-to-XAML converters, it's flawed in various ways.

I've just released my second patch for XamlTune, which fixes a few more of the flaws and makes Adobe Illustrator to XAML conversion that much easier again.

(You can download my XamlTune patches here.)

Key fixes:

  • SVG shapes (circles, ellipses, etc) that have a transformation matrix, now convert correctly. Woot! (The trick was to convert them into XAML Paths instead of XAML shapes.)

  • SVG circles are now converted into XAML Ellipses, instead of being converted into XAML Paths. (But if the circle has a transformation matrix, we stick with XAML Paths, as per the previous point.)


XamlTune has cost me a few days of debugging work (i.e. debugging XamlTune), but it has saved me much more time than that with an already extensive SVG-to-XAML conversion framework. I am glad to be able to contribute my bug-fixes back to the project and help it help others more.

Enjoy! :o)

1 comment:

bladeward said...

Hi, I am interested in using something like xamltune in a development tool chain for leveraging svg resources.

It just so happens that the xamltune codeplex site is down and so I am posting my question here:

Does the xamltune project include a command line conversion tool that could be run in a build script? Or does it require a gui?

The gui is fine, but again, I am thinking of having a bunch of svg "Source" files that can be "built" into xaml resources for use.

Anyway, thats what I am after, and I may be interested in contributing a patch to allow such a thing if it does not currently exist.

Thanks for posting on this possibility!

ee