Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Magnetic Laundry Balls - glad I didn't buy

It sounded awesome - never use laundry powder (detergent) again - just place these reusable magnetic balls in the washing machine instead.

Claimed to alter the surface tension of the water, making it wash more effectively.

Hmmmm - y'know, sounds cool. I considered buying.

But I Googled for more info, 'coz it did seem, well, pretty extraordinary.

First big clue that something's sus : page after page of search results are almost entirely official websites or resellers.

Y'know, if I'd found such an awesome product and it worked for me, I'd've blogged about it, right? So where are the rave testimonials, not from random unknowns who might be company agents, but on blogs that have loads and laods of reviews - some positive, some negative - demonstrating their impartiality?

In contrast, there are numerous reports that cast these "magnetic laundry balls" in very bad light. You can find them yourself if you dig & dig through pages of Google search results. I'll just link to a few here to help improve their Google rank.

Magnetic laundry ball scam

Magnetic laundry aids and surface tension reduction - a critique

Magnetic laundry scams - not as detailed, but relevant

Buyer beware!

No comments: